Micromax A110 Canvas 2 vs Lenovo P700
Lenovo launched its entry-level Dual SIM smartphone, the P700 during the month of June, 2012. It comes with a price of INR 11,200 in India. With some similarities, Micromax also launched its Dual SIM Phablet A110 Canvas 2 later on October, 2012. It is a successor to A100 Canvas Smartphone which was released two months earlier than this launch. For the year 2012, Micromax A110 Canvas 2 was listed as one of the best budget Android mobiles in India. Micromax Canvas 2 price in India is 10,500 INR, which is way more affordable when compared to other Android models.
Similarities in Micromax Canvas 2 and Lenovo P700:
1. Dual SIM: Both are dual-SIM based models (GSM+GSM).
2. Weight: They weigh around 160 grams (Canvas 2- 168g, Lenovo P700- 162g).
3. Display: Supporting 16 Million colours display and features for Multi-touch and Capacitive touch for sensitivity.
4. Memory: They have 512 MB of RAM and extendable memory up to 32 GB.
5. Internet and connectivity: They include functions for 3G, EDGE, USB, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
6. Camera: They feature Geo-tagging for their camera and a front camera with 0.3 MP
7. Processor: Both the models operate on 1 GHz dual core processor.
Comparison of specifications:
The size of Micromax A110 is larger than Lenovo P700’s size, with dimensions 147 x 76.5 x 9.69 mm and 125.6 x 64.5 x 12.8 mm. They both almost weigh the same around 160 grams.
Micromax A110’s screen display size (5 inches) is larger than Lenovo P700’s screen size (4 inches). The screen resolution of these models is almost the same. Micromax A110 has a resolution of 480 x 854 pixels and Lenovo P700 has a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. Both the models support capacitive touch (for sensitive and accurate user interface) and multi-touch (for multi finger touch usage). These models use an LCD screen for display with 16 M colours.
The memory specifications in the models Micromax A110 and Lenovo P700 are usual. Micromax A110 supports an internal memory of 4GB Whereas Lenovo P700 supports an internal memory of only 1.85GB and 4 GB of ROM. They both contain 512 MB of RAM and storage for external memory up to 32GB.
Micromax A110 has the latest version 3.0 of Bluetooth comparatively whereas Lenovo P700 supports only the earlier version. Both the models provide options for 3G based internet usage, GPRS, EDGE, USB, and Wifi including Hotspot.
Micromax A110 Canvas 2 can click images of better quality than Lenovo P700. Micromax A110 has a rear camera with 8 MP and a front camera with 0.3 MP whereas Lenovo P700 has a rear camera with 5MP and a front camera with 0.3 MP. They both include similar camera features like Geo-tagging and Autofocus but Micromax A110 additionally supports Touch-to-focus, face detection and flash options.
Both the smartphones are android based and they run on the Android version 4.0 but Micromax A110’s OS can be upgraded to 4.1.1(Jelly Bean). The CPU operations of both the models are on 1GHz dual core processor.
Lenovo P700 contains a Li-on battery with an output of 2500 mAh whereas Micromax A110 contains the same type of battery but with a different output range of 2000 mAh. Micromax A110 has a talk time up to 5 hours and a standby time up to 180 hours.
Advantages of Micromax A110 Canvas 2:
- Memory: Micromax A110 has extra 2.15 GB of internal memory with Lenovo P700. This shows that the user files storage allocation is more with Micromax A110.
- Camera Flash: to be integrated with camera applications to capture images when it’s dark.
- Camera Resolution: Micromax A110 can take better quality pictures with up to 8 MP when compared to Lenovo P700. As the resolution is larger with Micromax A110, it captures clearer pictures.
- Screen: The screen size of Micromax A110 is 25% bigger than Lenovo P700’s screen size. Bigger screen size tends to offer better display to the users.
- Thinner: Micromax A110 has a narrower design with a thickness of 9.69 mm but Lenovo P700 has thickness of 12.8 mm. It is compact and can be easy for one hand usage.
Advantage of Lenovo P700:
- High Definition Video Recording: Lenovo P700 supports good quality of video recording with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels.
By considering the specifications and the user reviews, Micromax A110 canvas 2 is worth a buy comparatively as it provides many advantages over Lenovo P700. This phone can be a fit for smartphone users who would need better camera, and better display features. But Lenovo P700 can be a better option if you need a longer battery life and HD video recording.